Saturday 10 October 2009

I got sunshine in a bag


Allow me to introduce you to tonight's bag of choice....this darling sequinned number is satin lined and labelled "Hand Made In India".
A snip at £1 from a charming elderly lady at a car boot sale a couple of weeks ago.



The Lusty Lloyd Loom laundry hamper (£4 from this morning's car boot sale) could probably do with reupholstering but I reckon the shabbiness gives it a certain charm.


The hand-blocked Cole and Son flamingo wallpaper was an eBay bargain a couple of years ago and takes pride of place on the landing. It makes me smile whenever I climb the stairs. 
Basement Jaxx used it as a promotional backdrop .

4 comments:

  1. Love this bag - the detail is stunning, it's beautiful. Also love the Lloyd Loom! Lucky lady! :)

    GrammarGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo that gorgeous clutch cannot have been $1?? Its oh-so pretty, what a steal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, ladies! When I'm car booting I'm always on the look out for elderly ladies - they generally have the stalls worth investigating! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I'd have a look at your archive!!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix